Please be aware that this curriculum aligns with our states homeschooling laws and requirements. Which means, that it may or may not fully align with your states home school requirements! Please be sure to know your states homeschooling laws and requirements- Find them here- http://www.hslda.org/laws/ If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask! You can contact us by clicking on the Questions tab in the main menu bar.
And TWO final thoughts....
1. As you follow along day by day with raisingsweetblessings complete curriculum notebook, eventually a holiday will arise.Have fun with whatever holiday your school day lands on! Say its Valentines Day,use the resources you know how to use,like,Google images, Youtube,Pinterest, or any other favorite site to find and create a fun activity to include with this curriculum for that day! Maybe have a mini baking class and create Valentine cupcakes!! Yum! And one last thought,for the grown ups,if you would like a fast EASY and FREE way to record your child/children's daily grades, check out www.homeschooltracker.com/free-homeschool-tracker-basic-edition/ . And as a bonus for you reading all of this,lol, I am also going to include a easy Attendance sheet for the year, all you have to do is circle the day in pen that you attended school! Here it is! http://donnayoung.org/calendars/calendars-clean.htm So nice!
2. We know printer ink can be expensive, and add to that the expense if you add color....I am one who tries my very best to save and conserve printer ink. I do my very best to print in grey scale and on a lower grade print quality, because we have found that, yes, this curriculum does take ink, and to be honest, the ink, will be your main expense. Now,at this time we are printing all the suggested daily worksheets and activities for 3 children, in 3 different grades, this may simply be the main reasons we seem to use a lot of ink, or 2 there is just a lot of daily material to print. Now,in general we will go through 2-3 ink cartridges per month, and many times I find myself wondering is this worth the $....or should I look into purchasing a book curriculum, or disposable workbooks....personally....when it comes down to it...for us, the answer is no. No, because.....we have finally found, and are happy and content USING the worksheets and activities that are in the curriculum notebooks... we like, enjoy, and feel that they are best suited for the way our children learn....and that is what we couldn't find before when we were searching for purchased curriculum/box sets/disposable workbooks etc. Over time ,we found what works, what we like, and hence the Raising Sweet Blessings curriculum notebooks were created...they have everything in them that we enjoy and what we were looking for to teach our children. Now, back to the ink...Do we use a lot of ink? YES. Is it worth it for us? YES. Now, there ARE things one can do to cut the cost of printing out the daily worksheets, and still stick to the main idea of the week....and that is 1. create your own worksheets 2. purchase disposable worksheets/workbooks from places like Dollar General, or Dollar Tree 3. find inspiration to teach the main idea on sites like Pinterest 4. purchase used curriculum 5. purchase used books from your local library or thrift store 6.swap curriculum with others 7.youtube 8.Netflix 9.renting educational videos from your local library 10. create games or crafts with materials you have around the house *Again, what works for our family, may not work for another, but that's ok! We are worksheet people, our kids really enjoy them, your family may not OR you just may not like printing out so much material...but...there are MANY alternative ways to teach the main idea of the week other than just printing out the daily worksheets.As the curriculum notebooks were created I tried to make sure majority of worksheets were available to be printed in greyscale just to save on ink, and I think that has helped quite a bit, still....I am not turning my nose up saving on ink cost ... so I am looking into using companies such as $4.99 ink. http://499inks.com/ and if you have any other suggestions or comments on saving $ on INK that could be helpful, please feel free to let us know! Again, the INK will be your main cost of using this curriculum, but....for us the cost is nothing compared to the joy and peace of happy and productive children smiling at the end of a school day.
Each grade will use some additional materials/supplies. Each grades additional
material/supplies will be different. Here is an example list! You will be able to find the supply list on each grades INTRO page.
*SOME MATERIALS WILL BE NEEDED-
1. printer ink,both black and colored
2. white printer paper
3. colored construction paper
4. safety scissors
5. scotch tape
6. glue sticks
8. any extra craft materials that you can collect! buttons,ribbons,yarn,wrapping paper etc.
Ok! Well it's time to begin! Are you ready?! Let's go!